MSI GP60 2PF Leopar Pro - Big problem with a fan

Wonszu

Estimable
Sep 16, 2015
Hello!

I have a big problem with my 1 year old laptop, MSI GP60 2PF Leopard Pro. Three days ago s fan from graphic card started to behave oddly. When pressure is applied on the keyboard/case (like typing too hard) or laptop is moved around in different position than horizontal the fan starts to work at 100% (or more, it really sounds like laptop is trying hard to fly away, the table it's standing on vibrates from the sheer force). It's not only noisy, it makes me worried that fan's bearing will be torn apart. I know it's not the problem with temperature. Normally the fan works around 2900 RPM, the temperature of GPU varies from 38C to 41C and CPU from 44C to 60C (if working with graphic programs) and the fan speeds up accordingly to the temperature. The sudden jump of speed happens only when I change position of the laptop or press on the case to hard.

tumblr_nuria5RaUi1rtejyno1_1280.png

The Dragon Gaming Center showed that when the fan goes crazy it reads its speed as 300 RPM (way to low) and the number gradually goes down. It looks like laptop simply doesn't see or control the fan during speed up. The only thing that works cancelling the sudden jump is to make laptop sleep and wait till fan stops working and then turn the laptop back on. It somehow resets the odd behaviour.

Laptop just came back from the warranty service two weeks ago.

Here are specifications:

MSI GP60 2PF Leopard Pro Gaming Series
Motherboard: MS-16GH
Bios: E16GHIMS.10I
Processor :i7-4720HQ (2.6 GHz, 3.6 GHz Turbo, 6 MB Cache)
Graphic Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 850M, Intel HD 4600
Hard drive: Kingstone 1 TB SATA
System: Windows 8.1 Home 64-bit
Ram: 8GB

metalicgeek

Estimable
If the laptop has just come from the service center, they may have affected the fan assembly somehow, causing this issue. For now, try SpeedFan to control your laptop fans:

http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

However, you may want to bring it back and explain your problem to them. Most service centers will generally re-accept the laptop if something went wrong while it was under their care.

TRENDING THREADS