Msi gt70 constant full fan speed

Kevin_23

Estimable
Oct 2, 2015
So a couple of days ago my msi gt70 laptop crashed while i was gaming, giving me a display error. Now my nvidia gpu does not work. I'm fine with using the integrated graphics except now my laptop's power light is now constantly orange(indicating that the nvidia gpu is in use) and my fan speed is constantly at full speed making it really annoying to use. Is there any way i can fix this?

Hello Kevin_23

Looks like there is some issue with the driver. Reinstalling it should resolve the problem.

If it doesn't, you may want to restore your Windows back to an earlier restore point when you believe the operating system worked fine.

Can you please tell which version of Windows you are using. This would help us give you the exact instructions on how you can restore your Windows to a restore point.

Feel free to revert back with more details to get further assistance. :)

Kevin_23

Estimable
Oct 2, 2015
Lemme add more info. on what exactly happened. So i was upgraded to windows 10 and went about 2 months with no problems, then out of the blue this event happened(I couldn't read exactly what error it was, but i remember seeing the word display and the screen was an orange version of the blue screen). I also forgot to mention, after the initial crash I started to get the blue screen(driver_power_state_failure) and read that it is usually a problem with windows 10 and the gpu. So i uninstalled my nvidia gpu from device manager and tried to reinstall but it was gone from the device manager. I then decided to just do a clean install of windows 7 and now im here. So i am currently using windows 7 and still cant see my nvidia driver. However, there was one instance where after downgrading to windows 7 i installed a batch of windows updates and when i restarted the laptop the light was white, fan speed fine, and i could see my nvidia driver, everything seemed to be fine. This did not last long though cause soon after i tried to update my nvidia driver via geforce experience my pc crashed and went back to the orange light and full fan speed. Thanks for your input so far, and hopefully this provides more insight to where my problem lies.

Hello again Kevin_23

Thanks for the details.

As I guessed, your last sentence "This did not last long though cause soon after i tried to update my nvidia driver via geforce experience my pc crashed and went back to the orange light and full fan speed. Thanks for your input so far, and hopefully this provides more insight to where my problem lies." indicates that the problem is related to the driver, and that the laptop doesn't support the updated version.

In such a situation, you may want to install one-level-earlier version of the graphics driver that you said worked fine.

Good Luck!!