MSI Laptop Problem (perfomance)

Sqwnlowbudget

Commendable
Dec 21, 2016
Hello, my friend bought a MSI Gaming laptop last day and I helped him to install windows 10 and some drivers, the case is that when he plays he get like 30 fps or less. Issues that I have seen:
-Task manager / CPU perfomance / Speed: The GHzs are always up and down, the max speed of the CPU is 2,8 and it goes up to 3,5 and goes down to 0,8. We've installed all the CPU drivers and I dont know what happens there.
-Another issue that I think we have done is that we havent uninstalled FreeDOS (the OS that comes with the pc) and we have installed windows 10 in the SSD without uninstall FreeDOS from the hard disk.
-The perfomance changes quickly, sometimes its good but two minutes later its bad.
In general the problem is the bad perfomance of the pc, I think we have made something wrong while installing or someting like that and thats why we have the problem.
We have also updated the BIOS and its still there.
Please Id apreciate your response.
Laptop model: msi gl62m 7rd-429xes
Specs:
Intel® Core i7-7700HQ(2.8 GHz, 4 cores)
RAM 8GB DDR4 2133MHz SODIMM (1x8GB)
1TB (7200 rpm S-ATA) + 256GB SSD 1 M.2 SATA
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2GB GDDR5
Display15.6" FHD, Anti-Glare eDP IPS-Level

Thanks.

Solution

jaslion

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012

Format the drive when reinstalling windows and then go on from there.

Sqwnlowbudget

Commendable
Dec 21, 2016

Do you think its gonna fix the problem? If yes could you tell me how or why please? Thanks.

jaslion

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012

Put windows 10 on a usb drive using the official microsoft media creation tool. Then boot into the usb.
Afterwards go through the setup and choose costum install.
Than once you see all the diffrent drives delete them and create one new drive afterwards go on from there.

Solution

droid19

Prominent
Dec 8, 2017
This is the problem with BD Prochot. Special kind of sensor responsible for sending information to CPU about his current temperature. MSI has released defective motherboards with this problem. The only solution is send to msi your laptop and asking for replacing "BD Prochot" to new one.
I have the same issue. I am very upset because this prevents me from working on this computer. I want to sell this laptop and buy new one, Razer Blade Pro which I highly recommend, because it is devoid of any problems. :)