MSI laptop - right click and left click are switched for touchpad but not for mouse

Sep 8, 2018
A while ago I temporarily changed the settings of my mouse: right button = primary button.

Now I've changed it back to normal… But the touchpad doesn't agree: whatever I do, the touchpad does the other way around from the mouse. Change primary button to left: mouse uses left button, but touchpad will have primary button on the right. Change primary button to right: mouse uses right button, but touchpad does left.

No idea how to fix this?

Solution
First you need to unplug the mouse while doing this, otherwise it can do just what you are getting now. One works the other doesn't.

Try...

1. Go into "Control Panel".
2. Click "Hardware and Sound".
3. Now click "Mouse and Touchpad".

In here check the settings for the touchpad and set them to go the way you want.

Once done, reboot the computer (turn it off and back on), make sure to connect the mouse while it is off if that is what you prefer to use, and then go into the same area to change the settings for the mouse.

It should work correctly after that.
First you need to unplug the mouse while doing this, otherwise it can do just what you are getting now. One works the other doesn't.

Try...

1. Go into "Control Panel".
2. Click "Hardware and Sound".
3. Now click "Mouse and Touchpad".

In here check the settings for the touchpad and set them to go the way you want.

Once done, reboot the computer (turn it off and back on), make sure to connect the mouse while it is off if that is what you prefer to use, and then go into the same area to change the settings for the mouse.

It should work correctly after that.

Solution
Sep 8, 2018
Thx for that but no I did that and it didn't work.
And also, the problem isn't the USB-connected mouse, but the touchpad. That's the one that goes right/left when it's supposed to be the other way around...

Yes, I understood that. The area where I sent you was to access the info for the touchpad as well. Just want to note that the mouse would need to be out/disconnected, for the steps to work. So if you tried it while it was still connected, then it would not have worked.