xentaria

Prominent
Oct 28, 2017
Solution
These both look comparable in the sense of specs, as both have the same processor, comparable SSDs, the same mass storage, etc. The only thing that I seem to be missing is the 1050's specs on the MSI one. It says it uses the 1050, where most- if not all- commercial 1050's have only 2GB of GDDR5, whereas the 1050Ti has 4. The Asus one says it also uses a 1050, but specifies it has 4GB of VRAM buffer. But, even so, the MSI laptop seems significantly cheaper, so I would go for that, assuming that one probably also has a 4GB buffer, and even if not, you're still going to do yourself pretty well.

Atomicdonut17

Commendable
Feb 4, 2017
These both look comparable in the sense of specs, as both have the same processor, comparable SSDs, the same mass storage, etc. The only thing that I seem to be missing is the 1050's specs on the MSI one. It says it uses the 1050, where most- if not all- commercial 1050's have only 2GB of GDDR5, whereas the 1050Ti has 4. The Asus one says it also uses a 1050, but specifies it has 4GB of VRAM buffer. But, even so, the MSI laptop seems significantly cheaper, so I would go for that, assuming that one probably also has a 4GB buffer, and even if not, you're still going to do yourself pretty well.

Solution

The MSI does indeed only have 2GB VRAM.