Muffled echo during dialogue using surround

Status
Not open for further replies.

curtdusoleil

Commendable
Jan 11, 2017
I have had my VSX 521 for many years. I have never had this issue until I moved and re-set up my system.

Here is the issue:

I have an HDMI cable running from my laptop to the Video HDMI input of the receiver, the way I always have had it.

When I use anything but a basic Stereo setting, I get a low volume, very muffled echo of any voices of people talking. This happens with any surround setting, as well as the Ext. Stereo setting (actually the worst with this.) This never used to happen, so I'm very unclear on why it would be happening now. I feel like I have it connected in exactly the same way I did before.

My speaker setup is just 2 front L/R speakers, a Center speaker, and rear L/R.

It's incredibly annoying, and I'd really like to be able to watch things with surround!

PS - Sorry, I thought I was posting in the VSX 521 thread.

Solution
Did you go through resetting the delays and levels of all the speakers? If the receiver does this with a microphone by itself I would go back and check it manually. Sometimes it doesn't work right.
Check that any added dialogue processing in the receiver is turned off.

LJenjoysAUDIO

Prominent
Feb 8, 2017
I'm having nearly the exact same problem with my Denon AVR-590.
When I contacted support they told me to do the factory reset, and when that didn't work they told me the card that processes surround sound went bad and needed to be serviced.

I hope you get this figured out, for all our sake.

Status
Not open for further replies.