multi stereo from one soundcard

May 21, 2018
Hello, please is possible connect multiple stereo speakers (instead 5.1 or 7.1) into soundblaster audigy se? I have two stereo HI-FI in two rooms, and I d like play music in both room at the same time. When I connect first stereo speakers into green output, second stereo into black output and set sound as 4/4,1 in windows, then play only green output. Test surround is ok for all four speakers, but music play only in stereo mode (green output).
I read many hours internet forums and found several software for DJ’s and other music creators, but everything is to big studios with very difficult control and too much functions, which i don’t need. Many people wrote about ASIO4ALL, but this is part of solution. Asio4all is program in-between manager and soundcard).
Don’t need 5.1 or 7.1 surroud speakers, but 2x identical stereo outputs.
Thanks

May 21, 2018
Thanks sizzling for your answer. On other forums wrote, that the cable splitter reduce sound quality. Something about impedance and amplitude cliping.

sizzling

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2006
Whilst that is true it is worth trying. Chances are you haven’t matched the impedance of the Hi-Fi to the sound card anyway. On your average Hi-Fi you probably won’t notice a difference, if you are using high end equipment then the chances of noticing are greater.

May 21, 2018
In living room I have Technics SU-610 New Class A with home made big 3-band reproboxes. Second speakers are Encore P-160-3D. Perhaps you are right and I won't notice difference. I'll try your solution.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Audio 2
U Audio 2
J Audio 1
P Audio 2
N Audio 1
J Audio 2
B Audio 3
L Audio 2
P Audio 3
G Audio 16
B Audio 5