multiple audio device setup

noahasinger

Prominent
Oct 11, 2017
Hello. I'm interested in investing in some speakers for my setup. I would like to purchase Micca MB42X Bookshelf Speakers. Because I have a limited budget, Is it possible to connect 2 different systems to the speakers? (turntable and computer). Because of my limited knowledge, I created an illustration and was curious if it would work. If not, is there a better or more efficient workaround for my problem? thanks.
rLZJEQH.png

Solution
You just need an "integrated amp". It will have more than one line level input and a volume control (maybe others too). You can use any stereo receiver (integrated amp with radio built in) or integrated amp ever made.
If you are on a budget a used stereo receiver from a thrift shop or Craigslist will be your best bet. An old mini system if it has two aux inputs would work too.
There are two problems:
- your turntable must have its own preamp, with "line" voltage
- connecting two outputs in parallel might have its own problems.

What you need is either a stereo mixer (several inputs, one output), or at least a simple DPST mechanical switch.

noahasinger

Prominent
Oct 11, 2017

Hey, thanks for the reply. I asked on Reddit and received some help. here's my updated illustration. also, the turntable has a built in preamp
cgIDDF7.png0

noahasinger

Prominent
Oct 11, 2017

I have yet to purchase the speakers, amp, or audio switch. I chose the speakers and amp based on recommendations and guides from /r/Zeos. Kinda of working on a budget .

You just need an "integrated amp". It will have more than one line level input and a volume control (maybe others too). You can use any stereo receiver (integrated amp with radio built in) or integrated amp ever made.
If you are on a budget a used stereo receiver from a thrift shop or Craigslist will be your best bet. An old mini system if it has two aux inputs would work too.

Solution