Solved! Multisystem tv not picking up OTA channels

Jan 19, 2019
I purchased a Samsung SmartTV (model UA40J5300AKXXA) in 2015 in South Africa. Now back in US, I am trying to use this tv to watch over the air channels (OTA). I purchased a Mohu arc antenna 40, which was recommended by mohu based on my US location. I connected the antenna to my tv (had to use a male European cable converter) but the scan is not picking up any channels (and I tried two different locations in my apt). It appears my tv is not PAL but a Multisystem tv (don’t need transformer, it’s 110/240V and 50-60hz). Any solutions on what steps I need to take to use my overseas purchased tv to watch OTA TV in the US? I think the problem is with European converter since the antenna works on another tv in another house but want to ensure I’m not missing anything before I purchase another cable converter from amazon. Thanks!

Solution
Check specs of your TV. Most (all?) OTA TV in USA is digital / ATSC, and your TV must support that. As a final resort, you might need external ATSC TV tuner between your antennae and a HDMI port of your TV
Jan 19, 2019
I did change the country setting. Under “Confugure your Tv, choose where you are watching tv” my tv only gives two options of 1. Ghana 2. Other Counties. I selected other countries...since my original post I also double checked the antenna and purchased a new plug (a Samsung plug) to connect the antenna to my TV and I am still not picking up any channels.