Solved! Music Files Corrupted?

Oct 16, 2018
My Windows 7 has changed the format somehow of ALL my music and I don’t know how to get them corrected . Nothing works and they say not readable . THOUSANDS of albums and literally my life of loving great music . Help! I’ve roll back to different dates - this ain’t helping - thanks !

Solution
did you at least have your library of music backed up to external backup drive? how do you know windows 7 changed anything? install a decent free music player app like Foobar2000 and point it at your music library folder. let's see what's going on

all my stuff is on external drives and in the cloud as well. plus, I pay apple 25 bucks per yr to match all my albums and make them available in the cloud through iTunes for streaming on any device (dual cloud backup)

Peter Martin

Estimable
Oct 9, 2014
did you at least have your library of music backed up to external backup drive? how do you know windows 7 changed anything? install a decent free music player app like Foobar2000 and point it at your music library folder. let's see what's going on

all my stuff is on external drives and in the cloud as well. plus, I pay apple 25 bucks per yr to match all my albums and make them available in the cloud through iTunes for streaming on any device (dual cloud backup)

Solution

DSzymborski

Distinguished

Can you provide more information as to these files? Just knowing that something "changed the format somehow" doesn't really give us much to go on.

asoroka

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009
It may just be that file associations have changed the default player.

What format did you have your music in?
Has the file name changed?

How do you know that the format has changed?