Music/Gaming Headsets: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma or HyperX Cloud II?

razetea

Commendable
Jul 20, 2016
I've been reading a lot of articles from this site comparing Razer Kraken Chroma 7.1 and HyperX Cloud II but until now, can't still pick what to buy :(

I want a headset that is very good on music since I'm going to use it 70% for listening music while 30% for playing Dota 2, NO other game(as of now). Even though, 7.1 surround is not important in playing dota 2 (Maybe), I still want it for movies etc.

If would be best if we have someone here that has tested both headsets so we can get the best answer and explanation, that can give PROs and CONs like ear cushion durability, mic quality, sound quality for both music and gaming.

I'm not concern about the price since the price difference is not that far.

Also accepting other headset suggestions that have close price range with headsets mentioned-above.

Sorry my question is too long. Thanks in advance for answering!

Solution
The cord on the Kraken is totally atrocious any time it rubs against your clothes the sound transmits through the headset, its confounding(and some what criminal) how they released it with that cord attached to it. On that mere issue i would say stay the heck away from it, i totally regret buying my chroma 7.1 and wished i had brought the hyper cloud II instead.

Providing you have a good sound card/good built in sound on your mother board if your not that concerned about 7.1 i'd suggest avoid usb headsets and spend alittle more on quality headsets like what audio technica etc make.

btw the first version of the HyperX cloud II is just the headset with out the usb sound card, you could always save some money and get that, with good...

Meoith

Commendable
Sep 14, 2016
The cord on the Kraken is totally atrocious any time it rubs against your clothes the sound transmits through the headset, its confounding(and some what criminal) how they released it with that cord attached to it. On that mere issue i would say stay the heck away from it, i totally regret buying my chroma 7.1 and wished i had brought the hyper cloud II instead.

Providing you have a good sound card/good built in sound on your mother board if your not that concerned about 7.1 i'd suggest avoid usb headsets and spend alittle more on quality headsets like what audio technica etc make.

btw the first version of the HyperX cloud II is just the headset with out the usb sound card, you could always save some money and get that, with good sound card or software say razers surround sound you could always use that to get 7.1 surround sound.

Solution

razetea

Commendable
Jul 20, 2016

First of all, thanks for answering my post.

Just wanna ask, is the cord issue super annoying or you can just ignore it? aside from the cord issue on kraken, what other issue have you encountered? About its comfortness, the sound quality or music quality. Does Kraken sounds better? I really like kraken's design over hyperx cloud II. :(

Not sure about hyperx cloud II's design but if kraken is that bad then I have no choice than to go with HyperX Cloud II.

My motherboard is not that special I believe.. It's H18-P33 MSI.

Ty

Meoith

Commendable
Sep 14, 2016

The cord is super annoying, if you twist your head you will hear it rubbing against your clothes through your headset it is louder than what ever you are listening to at the time.

(if anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this issue please tell me)

Watch this guys review of the cloud(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaMi8dMWNbI), this guy is very picky and honest when it comes to headsets i wish i watched it before i brought the kracken, its a pity because the mic on the chroma is extremely good.

razetea

Commendable
Jul 20, 2016

Thanks for sharing your experience. About the kraken cable annoying sound, What if we wrap the whole braided cable with transparent scatch tape to avoid some friction. Lol

Thanks! Maybe I'll get the kraken since it has good sound quality plus good mic.