Music Royalties Could Kill Pandora

Status
Not open for further replies.

antilycus

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
that stupid, because the music industry could figure out what people liek to listen to what type of bands, which could help attract new artists based on sounds. for instance, a lot of 311 fans, hate Red Hot Chillipeppers(cause everything sounds the same from them). Find out what other bands 311 fans like and figure out the commonalities between the bands/sounds and guess what, you've just created a money making next band.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
Once again the greedy music companies are shooting themselves in the foot by getting rid of a possible great revenue stream because they want more money.

G

Gotta love the ol' recording industry. I think their mantra since 2000 has been to destroy any good thing anyone tries to do with music. For me, Pandora isn't just a great service, it provides interesting details on the songs, artists, and music. But of course the recording companies wouldn't want people to actually understand music, just suck up the crap they throw out.

WheelsOfConfusion

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2008
From about 2002-2007, I hardly bought any new CDs. Wasn't pirating anything, just didn't hear anything worth getting. Then I started up an account on Pandora, and suddenly I heard stuff worth buying again. Pandora got me back into the CD aisles and stores after years of hiatus. I'm actually going out of my way to track down albums that don't make it to the shelves locally so I can pay money to have them.
I'm actually pretty proud of the fact that my music library is 100% legal. If it weren't for Pandora's services, I probably wouldn't have bought nearly as many CDs. The tactics of the music industry are just baffling to me: they seem to be pushing away the customers that are willing to pay for their product, and cutting down on services that might generate more interest and sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.