Mute icon stays on the screen

Jeff_121

Commendable
Dec 15, 2016
I have an RCA RLDED5078A-E 50 inch tv. I use a sound bar which works fine, but I don't want any sound from the tv speakers. I have the sound on the tv down to zero but the mute icon stays on the screen. Any way to remove the icon or disable the tv speakers?? HELP !!

Solution
I could not find a place in the menu system for turning off the TV speakers. If you can't find it then I can think of two options.
1. Keep the TV volume just high enough to avoid the mute icon.
2. Plug headphones or just a headphone plug into the headphone jack. That should turn off the TV speakers..
I could not find a place in the menu system for turning off the TV speakers. If you can't find it then I can think of two options.
1. Keep the TV volume just high enough to avoid the mute icon.
2. Plug headphones or just a headphone plug into the headphone jack. That should turn off the TV speakers..

Solution
Aug 10, 2018
I did find one solution that is working for my 55” LG UJ6300. I found muting the tv and then cycling the power leaves it muted and the icon stops bouncing around and just stays hidden. All sound goes through the LG sound at I have. Hope this helps on at least some models besides mine.