Dec 31, 2017
How do I mute or the sounds when I use my microphone to dictate a text message or email or anytime I use the mic. I don't need it to tell me with a sound that I've engaged the microphone or ended my comment. I know it. The little noises that sounds when I click the mic before I speak, and the double tones that I hear when I click send? Very annoying. Thank you and Happy New Year. Might trade in my Pixel 2 XL for an iPhone 7 if I am unable to mute this thang. . . .

Solution
Yeah, then the only thing I can think of is to turn off all sounds when you go to do it. Which would still be another step (two since have to turn on again).
I don't think there is a way to remove those sounds without turning off sounds. You can, however, check in the "Settings" then "Sounds" area and see if there are specific sounds associated to the app. You may be able to change it to 'none' in there. Or, if it won't allow for 'none', but will allow changing the sound, just get yourself a soundless mp3 file, put it on the phone, and then choose that as the sound for whatever option you wish to have no sound for.

Dec 31, 2017
Thanks so much webworkings for the answer. There's actually nowhere that I can see the settings for the microphone sounds. It's like built into the system I think. I like the idea of a soundless mp3 but not sure how to use it for this situation. I've checked all the settings - general, advance, sounds, and within applications and I can mute all sounds in each app but not the microphone on and off setting. :( Happy New Year.