Malley Dunn

Commendable
May 23, 2016
While watching a show using a MXV MX5 android box, my TV keeps turning itself off and then back on, every 10 to 15 minutes. Have you heard of this before. I am trying to find the answer from GooBang Goo, the supplier of the box, but do not expect much.

Solution
Further to my question above, I may have the answer. I surfed other forms and found someone who was having the same problem. While that person has a different box (not a GooBang one) they offered a possible solution. They said to check the box's CEC options in the settings menu and make sure they were turned on. The CEC is the HDMI-CEC cable that connects the box to your TV. I checked the box's settings and found them to be turned off so I turns them on. Also at the same time the GooBang people replied to me to make sure my TV's HDMI-CEC settings were disabled. I made them disabled and then tried watching a movie on my new box. Got through the whole movie without it ever turning itself off. Hope this helps others.

DookieDraws

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2004
You're not the only one having this problem. Apparently there are a few others having the same issue as well. Go look at the negative reviews on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/arrivals-GooBang-Doo-MX5-Streaming/product-reviews/B00YG6ZV0I/ref=cm_cr_dp_qt_hist_one?ie=UTF8&filterByStar=one_star&showViewpoints=0 where several others mention the same thing.

The brand name is actually GooBang Doo. And yeah, I would avoid anything with Doo in it's name in the future. :)

Maybe you can get your money back and buy something else.

Best of luck to you.

Malley Dunn

Commendable
May 23, 2016
Further to my question above, I may have the answer. I surfed other forms and found someone who was having the same problem. While that person has a different box (not a GooBang one) they offered a possible solution. They said to check the box's CEC options in the settings menu and make sure they were turned on. The CEC is the HDMI-CEC cable that connects the box to your TV. I checked the box's settings and found them to be turned off so I turns them on. Also at the same time the GooBang people replied to me to make sure my TV's HDMI-CEC settings were disabled. I made them disabled and then tried watching a movie on my new box. Got through the whole movie without it ever turning itself off. Hope this helps others.

Solution