Solved! My acer 1 notebook makes a horrible sound

krazykara

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2011
Hello,
my acer 1 notebook makes a horrible sound when turning it on for a few seconds. It reminds me of a record skipping. I have AVG dowenloaded and am wondering if that is too big for the laptop? Pls help!

Solution
oh, you mean NETbook. Regardless, that just excludes CD/floppy making sounds, which leaves fans and HDD.

since you haven't provided any more info my guess about black rabbits still stands as well

AntiZig

Distinguished
what do you mean by " I have AVG dowenloaded and am wondering if that is too big for the laptop?" because that makes no sense at all...

Horrible sound, hmm, if it's coming from cd rom then nothing special, it's the drive checking if there's a CD in there and if it's a bootable one. If you wish to disable that, go into BIOS and rearrange the boot sequence.

if it's a floopy drive then yes, those things make noise even when empty

it could also be the fans when they are starting to spin if you are having misalignment issues (pretty common in laptop fans)

any other sound, I don't know, could be something horrible and evil happening, like, hmm, black rabbits making babies or something..