My Acer Aspire E 15 Laptop non-removable battery wont charge anymore. It tells me that it is plugged in but not charging. Do I

barbie11

Estimable
May 26, 2015
For months my laptop hasn't been charging and I can only turn it on if it is plugged in. My battery life is down to 20% and decreases 1% every two days. What has happened and do I need to purchase a new non-removable battery? I have an Acer Aspire E 15 laptop.

Solution
Replacement batteries are available (example http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/261861090875?lpid=82&chn=ps ) so replacement isn't impossible. This is an accurate video for disassembly to get to the battery https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lfwlj6FMQ9I although you only need to get to the keyboard removed part. There will be 4 screws holding down the battery plus some tabs at the other side. There should be no extra tricks to replacing the battery.
A few things to note: 1) sometimes double sided tape is also used to help hold down the battery, if so, you'll need to gently pry the battery up (do that from the sides the screws are on). 2) Lithium-Polymer batteries are hazardous so care should be taken with the batteries.

densekohai

Estimable
May 30, 2015

How do you remove it? I'm having the same problem right now. And also would you know what kind of battery it is and where to get it?

catmanlove

Estimable
Jun 4, 2015

If it the new non removable type it actually has several - I think it is three - batteries built in which can not be replaced without major disassemble of the computer. It appears that Acer designed this computer to be thrown away at first sign of a problem.

Reyaz123

Estimable
May 8, 2015
Give Acer a call. They will let you know what to do in a situation like this (given the model number of your laptop) you can also order a replacement battery through them while you're at it (if the battery is replaceable or its not really dead).

Acer is also a low price brand, you pay what you get for.

Replacement batteries are available (example http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/261861090875?lpid=82&chn=ps ) so replacement isn't impossible. This is an accurate video for disassembly to get to the battery https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lfwlj6FMQ9I although you only need to get to the keyboard removed part. There will be 4 screws holding down the battery plus some tabs at the other side. There should be no extra tricks to replacing the battery.
A few things to note: 1) sometimes double sided tape is also used to help hold down the battery, if so, you'll need to gently pry the battery up (do that from the sides the screws are on). 2) Lithium-Polymer batteries are hazardous so care should be taken with the batteries.

Solution

ffg7

Splendid
there are 2 batteries on laptops, main battery & cmos battery. cmos battery is inside the laptop & can either be soldered in place, fitted in a socket like on the desktop computer or plugged into the motherboard via a cable. what shows up in the taskbar about the battery status is the main battery which helps make a laptop\netbook a laptop\netbook. that battery is removeable so don't buy from laptop manufacturers as they do not make batteries but charge you an arm & a leg for a new 1.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.XAcer+Aspire+E+15+Laptop+battery.TRS0&_nkw=Acer+Aspire+E+15+Laptop+battery&_sacat=0

Valentino_5

Prominent
Mar 2, 2017
Since this new models don't have a removable battery, they've installed a little micro switch under the bottom hatch so if you were to take the cover off to replace ram or HDD the battery gets disconnected for safety reasons. There's a little rubber pad on the bottom cover that presses a little micro switch and if that rubber pad escaped the switch won't be pressed and battery wont work. Also that little switch might get dirty inside from dust and you may try putting a drop of cleaning alcohol on it and tap it a few times.

Ken_101

Prominent
May 22, 2017

It seems that I might have lost the "rubber pad" you are speaking about and now my laptop will not charge anymore. I can't find the micro switch that you are talking about. The only switch that I can see it under the laptop and is a disconnect switch that you would press with a paper clip to reset the battery. If you can help me, please give me a bit more information on where to find that switch.

zladuric

Prominent
Sep 14, 2017

Hey, where would that microswitch be? I'm looking all around the battery, but cannot find any switches. (My problem is that the battery isn't cahrging at all, dunno if this would help, but I wanna try.)

zladuric

Prominent
Sep 14, 2017

Hey Ken, did you evre find out about this? I still have my broken laptop thingy around, just can't find this rubber pad/switch.

raymondufford

Commendable
Feb 21, 2018
Since this new models don't have a removable battery, they've installed a little micro switch under the..."
I'm struggling with a Toshiba Satellite Click (model # W35Dt-A) that has the same battery symptoms. Your micro-switch theory sounds suspiciously accurate(sneaky manufacturers). Where could i find out some detail on this micro-switch if it is indeed in my computer?