My Acer Aspire E1-523 will not boot. I'm using Windows 8.1, & have no start-up disk & no recovery disk. I also do not have a c

Sean_101

Commendable
Dec 1, 2016
(You'll have to forgive me; I've never used this site before. (I don't even know what 'thread' actually means.))
I have an Acer Aspire E1-522, running Windows 8.1. I do NOT have a start-up disk, nor a copy of Windows.
Many files are missing on this computer.
The screen of this machine often breaks up; the CD/DVD drive does not work.
There are obscene files on this machine that I do NOT want.
What's more - & this is the reall problem - I CAN'T get the machine to boot. Hence: help!

ffg7

Distinguished
As you begin to boot your Acer, tap the F2 key until you get into the BIOS setup. Next, Check to make sure the the Acer Disk-to-Disk recovery is enabled. Once you have made sure the Disk-to-Disk recovery is enabled in Main, save the changes and exxit the BIOS setup. The system will reboot.
To begin recovery using the recovery partition, press Alt+F10 at the same time as soon as you see the ACER logo appear during boot. Simply follow the onscreen instructions to complete the recovery process.
http://www.pctechbytes.com/acer/acer-laptop-recovery-without-cd/

ffg7

Distinguished
As you begin to boot your Acer, tap the F2 key until you get into the BIOS setup. Next, Check to make sure the the Acer Disk-to-Disk recovery is enabled. Once you have made sure the Disk-to-Disk recovery is enabled in Main, save the changes and exxit the BIOS setup. The system will reboot.
To begin recovery using the recovery partition, press Alt+F10 at the same time as soon as you see the ACER logo appear during boot. Simply follow the onscreen instructions to complete the recovery process.
http://www.pctechbytes.com/acer/acer-laptop-recovery-without-cd/

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Laptop Tech Support 0
N Laptop Tech Support 1
ruslruslrusl1 Laptop Tech Support 3
D Laptop Tech Support 1
U Laptop Tech Support 5
W Laptop Tech Support 2
A Laptop Tech Support 1
F Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 1