Solved! My Acer E 14 won't charge after charger caused a spark in the outlet

Feb 3, 2019
My Acer E 14 laptop won't charge after I plugged it in the power outlet and caused a spark. I inspected the charger and saw a little tear in its cord and thought this might be why it wasn't charging. So I tried other chargers, one from a RoG laptop and another Acer charger. But it still didn't charge. Maybe the issue itself is in the laptop? I don't know. As of now, my laptop won't turn on because of critical low battery. Please help :(

Solution
Trying alternate chargers that are for different types of devices may not get good results. However, considering your 'spark' issue, I would really suggest you have the device looked at by a tech. Either contact the manufacturer, if the laptop is under warranty, or a local tech and see if they can help you resolve the issue.

It might be a simple case of needing a new battery (which then I would get OEM and not aftermarket, for any part actually), or it could be the charger caused damage, the charger needs replacing, to many options. Have it looked at.
Trying alternate chargers that are for different types of devices may not get good results. However, considering your 'spark' issue, I would really suggest you have the device looked at by a tech. Either contact the manufacturer, if the laptop is under warranty, or a local tech and see if they can help you resolve the issue.

It might be a simple case of needing a new battery (which then I would get OEM and not aftermarket, for any part actually), or it could be the charger caused damage, the charger needs replacing, to many options. Have it looked at.

Solution