my acer laptop puts random letters and punctuation when i click on CERTAIN keys.

Aug 22, 2018
hello. my Acer laptop keeps adding random letters when i click on certain letters for example these are all the letters that do this are - o p l

and adds o- o0 p- p- l- *l[

and then the punctuation it happens to is - . [ - and the SHIFT BAR.

i dont know whats happening so hopefully someone knows the answer to this.

thank you very much.

Solution
NOTE: If you need to type in a password to even get into Windows to do the following, make sure you attached an external keyboard first, to get past the password. Then disconnect the external keyboard and try the following...

1. Uninstall the keyboard driver.
2. Reboot the computer (without reinstalling the driver).
3. When it restarts, it should reinstall the driver on its own.

If this doesn't work, you may wish to try connecting/reconnecting an external keyboard and see if it works fine. If it does, then it could be the keys themselves that are the issue.

Also, if your device uses one, you may want to try updating the Synaptics Driver if the above doesn't help.
NOTE: If you need to type in a password to even get into Windows to do the following, make sure you attached an external keyboard first, to get past the password. Then disconnect the external keyboard and try the following...

1. Uninstall the keyboard driver.
2. Reboot the computer (without reinstalling the driver).
3. When it restarts, it should reinstall the driver on its own.

If this doesn't work, you may wish to try connecting/reconnecting an external keyboard and see if it works fine. If it does, then it could be the keys themselves that are the issue.

Also, if your device uses one, you may want to try updating the Synaptics Driver if the above doesn't help.

Solution