Solved! My album on gallery kept disappeared

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 10, 2019
My phone acted strange, for the last 3 months my albums keep disappearing... And the album that I name it my self change it named by it self to the firts name that I named it. My browse ate up my internet data until 400 Mb in just like 1 minutes while Iam not using it. Help!!

Solution
It will also depend on where you are getting the message. If it is in the phones messaging app (not messenger) then the only way it should show anything other than a number or an email address is if it is a name/word in your contacts. Yes, you can get texts from an email address, and send to them as well.

If it has a word or name that it is from, then I would go and check your contacts, then when you put the names/numbers back on your phone after doing all that was mentioned before, make sure you only include listings for those you know and want.
Sounds like you either have apps that are running in the background and accessing your data, without realizing it, or you have something unwanted on the device. Bad app, virus, malware, etc.

With it acting this bad, I would really suggest you back up all your personal stuff to a computer or other location off of the device. We are talking photos, files, music, contacts, bookmarks, etc. Just not apps, you can't back them up. However you can sometimes back up their data. Depends on the app.

Once you have backed everything up to a location off the phone, then do a "Hard Reset" of the phone. Instructions below.

This will reset the device to its original state, prior to use. You can then go and set it up again, how you want it to be. However, before starting that, I would suggest uninstalling any apps that are preinstalled and you don't want/use, and for those it won't allow you to uninstall, that you disable them. Then they won't bother you later.

Do this and then install your other stuff. Do make sure to keep a backup off of the device, just in case. Then, when you install your new apps, go into their settings (including your google and google play store settings) and make sure they are not set to auto access the internet or auto download anything. You may even, after all that is done, want to go into the phone's "Settings" and turn off data when you are not using it. Just remember it isn't just for online access or apps, but that any messages (through the messaging app) with any images, etc., also use data.

NOTE: Doing this will clear 'all' the data on your phone, so it is suggested you not choose this option unless you have to, or aren't worried about losing anything on the device.

Be sure you back up any data you want to keep, to a computer or cloud account, before doing the reset.

To "Hard Reset" the phone...

1. Make sure that the phone is actually powered off.

2. Remove your SD card, if there is one in the device.

3. Press the "Power" and the "Volume Up" buttons, together, until you see the start-up logo on the screen.

4. Once you can see the logo, release the buttons and allow the device to enter the "System Recovery Mode".

5. Next use "Volume Down" button to get to the "wipe data/factory reset" option.

6. When in recovery mode the "Volume Up" and "Volume Down" buttons are how to can navigate and highlight what option you need.

7. Once you have selected the "wipe data/factory reset", press the "Power" button to select that option.

8. On the following screen, repeatedly press the "Volume Down" button until the "Yes - delete all user data" option is what is selected.

9. Then press the "Power" button to hard reset the phone.

10. If you took your SD card out in step 2, when the device is up and running again, reinsert the SD card.

Reactions: Rika novRina
Apr 10, 2019
Thank you for the reply. Do you think it's possible if it's someone remotely control my phone? Like my location timeline showing that Ive some where that I never been there. And I was receiving an email from Google about my locations history which shown that I've been out of my country. And when I check it back the email disappeared

It is possible that your account which is attached to the phone was used by someone else.

If that is the case, I would suggest that you change your password to your google account after you reset the phone and have accessed the account again. Resetting the phone should remove anything anyone could possibly have added to it. Just be careful of what apps and files you put back on the phone after.

I would also suggest, once you have done the reset, changing your passwords to anything else you ever access through the phone, and accounts, and change your passwords to any place that you use your gmail as your mail for the account.

And please make sure that you aren't using the same passwords over and over, or even similar ones. That is a huge mistake people make.

And don't save your passwords on the phone.

Apr 10, 2019
Thank you, one more question! I was received a message with no number but name which is the name was dummy. It send me a message that the system was broken. What do you think was that

It will also depend on where you are getting the message. If it is in the phones messaging app (not messenger) then the only way it should show anything other than a number or an email address is if it is a name/word in your contacts. Yes, you can get texts from an email address, and send to them as well.

If it has a word or name that it is from, then I would go and check your contacts, then when you put the names/numbers back on your phone after doing all that was mentioned before, make sure you only include listings for those you know and want.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.