My android birds app

slojure

Commendable
Apr 4, 2016
Hello!

I am making an app for android which you will take a picture of a bird from wild and app will be connected with its databse with a lots of pictures and informations about bird species. I am vondering if android camera can recognize such photos?

Thanks in advance

Solution
That sounds like a machine learning question. Training the machine to recognize a clear photo of the bird would be far beyond an App. However, the trained algorithm might be something a phone could run. However, I don't think a phone camera would be sufficient as most don't offer sufficient zoom and in most photos the subject would probably be to small for the algorithm to process.

That would be probably be a good masters level project.

grimfox

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2009
That sounds like a machine learning question. Training the machine to recognize a clear photo of the bird would be far beyond an App. However, the trained algorithm might be something a phone could run. However, I don't think a phone camera would be sufficient as most don't offer sufficient zoom and in most photos the subject would probably be to small for the algorithm to process.

That would be probably be a good masters level project.

Solution