My antenna works on my 20 inch Emerson but not my sceptre 40 inch in same location ???

Solution
Are you sure the Sceptre has an ATSC digital tuner? Is it set to over the air (rather than QAM)?
The tuner in the Sceptre may just be bad (or lousy). You could try an outboard tuner. Some have PVR capability and even two tuners so it might be worth a try.
If you are limited to indoor antennas it can be hit or miss. You can check out Channel Master
http://www.channelmaster.com/

junkeymonkey

Honorable
Nov 11, 2013
well that's how it work with this great digital tv broadcasting it sucks we get the same crap here as well our government screwed folks over selling anlog off and sticking us with digital

at least with the old analog signal everything worked as expected

I also got a 32 scepter 32 emersom and a 46 sharp it takes a l;ot of work to get a antenna juuuuuuust right to get anything and then you hope the wind don't blow or a bird lands on a certain limb or its gone .

thing is each tv in a different room needs a whole different antenna set up nothing is the same between them , nothing.. its a joke

if you ever get the right combination of things it nice but that's the trick figuring that out
good luck

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-3035533/hdtv-antenna-delaware.html

sdv4627

Commendable
Apr 20, 2016
Re: Junkeymonkey
Yeah, I hear ya' it is frustrating to say the least. The two TVs are sitting side by side. One gets channels yet one does not. Ugh :(

junkeymonkey

Honorable
Nov 11, 2013
I see it here this room tv is not 6-10 foot from the living room tv and night and day on channel getting noe of the 3 get the same

my 46'' sharp with them cheap rabbet ears like I posted in that link I gave get the best only pbs I don't get on it the emmerson in the other room gets abc cbs and nbc but not pbs or fox [unless you get up and start twisting and then you risk loosing them all trying to get that one in]

thing is when it was analog I got everything easy no twisting no standing on one foot wile holding foil in one hand no nothing just turn on tv and watch what you wanted to - like this last rainy day I could not get nbc at all stopped raining it came back [after more adjustments to the antenna ]

LOL..... i''l stop crying now

let me add one more thing to this

of the several antennas I got each one work differently on each tv as well so like the one I got on the sharp that picks up the most don't on the outher 2 [like may only be able to get one station ] the antenna that works the best on the scepter don't do as well on the other 2 and the one on the emerson work the best on it but not so good on the other 2 .. so its like one antenna don't fit all as far as same reception

its crazy

Are you sure the Sceptre has an ATSC digital tuner? Is it set to over the air (rather than QAM)?
The tuner in the Sceptre may just be bad (or lousy). You could try an outboard tuner. Some have PVR capability and even two tuners so it might be worth a try.
If you are limited to indoor antennas it can be hit or miss. You can check out Channel Master
http://www.channelmaster.com/

Solution

vjjohnpski

Prominent
Aug 12, 2017
I think all of you folks missed the real answer. Not all TVs or their tuners are created equal. Most Sceptre TVs have real crappy tuners, & they're not very sensitive. They may be good enough to pick up channels from cable TV, or a strong TV station real close, but not good enough for normal antenna use. Of all the TVs I've tried, Scepter had the weakest tuner. Think of it as a radio. Some models pick up more stations or pick them up clearer than others. It depends how good the tuner is.