My Asus chrome book will not charge. This problem just started yesterday. I noticed my laptop only has 2 hours of battery lef

Audrey_3

Commendable
Sep 25, 2016
My Asus chrome book will not charge. This problem just started yesterday. I noticed my laptop only has 2 hours of battery left so i plugged it in and the charging symbol showed up so I did not think anything of it. Later on that night my laptop died while it was plugged in. I moved it to a different plug and it would turn on and off but would not stay on longer than a minute. I left it to charge all night and is still doing the same thing. Model c100p and notebook cp. please help!

Solution
1st try a friends plug if not buy one off amazon or something
2nd try opening it up and see if any of the battery contacts or the battery is physically broken
3rd i guess get a battery replacment DONT DO IT YOURSELF (thats fist person knowlege i shorted out a li-on battery it got BLAZING hot)

Pamela_29

Commendable
Jan 18, 2017

BenMcM

Commendable
Jan 29, 2017
1st try a friends plug if not buy one off amazon or something
2nd try opening it up and see if any of the battery contacts or the battery is physically broken
3rd i guess get a battery replacment DONT DO IT YOURSELF (thats fist person knowlege i shorted out a li-on battery it got BLAZING hot)

Solution

hubdub

Prominent
Mar 8, 2017
If you have windows 10 go to cortana and type device manager and click on it and in there you'll see the second one down will be batteries. Then click the arrow and you should see options an AC and ACPI I believe. Right click on both of those and uninstall both of them ( don't worry they will reinstall when you restart your computer). Shut down your computer all the way. Unplug the power cord and hold the power button for 10 sec. Then plug it back it and turn it back on and BOOM!! your battery should be charging.