My ASUS GL551j Heats Up Quick

Redeagle13

Estimable
Oct 12, 2015
So, as summer began to arrive, i've been noticing that my laptop gets REALLY hot when playing games like Team Fortress 2, Slime Rancher, etc. This has not been too much of a concern for me ever since I got my laptop during April 2015. Though according to The "Intel Extreme Tuning Utility", I have temperatures of about 80c-90c (Celsius) and Thermal Throttling usually goes up 1%-14% in a matter of seconds of playing Team Fortress 2. And whenever I am on the internet or doing nothing on my laptop, the temprature is usually 45c-60c. So I have a few questions:
Is a temprature of 80c-90c during hefty gameplay Normal?
Is there any solution to keeping my laptop cool BESIDES drilling holes into my laptop?
Which power plan would be recommended to be used on my laptop? (I know this is kind of a off-topic question but I am curious which power plan works best laptop-wise)

Solution
That high? i wouldn't say it's healthy, i've read Haswells tend to go a little bit over the top on the heating departament, but i still believe that's just high.
When was the last time you cleaned your laptop? AKA getting rid of all the dust PCs can accumulate, dust is an absolute killer when it comes down to temps.
As for power plan, i always go to the less efficient, so my PC delivers power when it's needed, and it's always ready to do so.

Remixex

Estimable
Mar 18, 2014
That high? i wouldn't say it's healthy, i've read Haswells tend to go a little bit over the top on the heating departament, but i still believe that's just high.
When was the last time you cleaned your laptop? AKA getting rid of all the dust PCs can accumulate, dust is an absolute killer when it comes down to temps.
As for power plan, i always go to the less efficient, so my PC delivers power when it's needed, and it's always ready to do so.

Solution

Redeagle13

Estimable
Oct 12, 2015

(Sorry for the sort of late response) So, I do have something to add.
■ The laptop gets heated up the quickest by the fan opening.
Would this still mean that there is dust in the laptop or is it the laptop itself causing it to get such high tempratures?