My ASUS just got a blue screen after I factory reset it now can I reprogram it?

Nasty_2

Prominent
Jun 18, 2017
I factory reset my ASUS and now it's got just a blue screen and won't turn off please help me

Solution
It sounds like the operating system hasn't completed its opening actions properly.

Which version of Windows are you running? Any earlier version than Windows 8 will allow you to tap the Function 8 key as you power up and select Safe Mode with Networking from the list of options. That cuts the system down to minimum actions and makes iit easier to find what is causing this.

Bo Lee

Estimable
Jun 17, 2015

Is this a laptop or a desktop? If it is a desktop, do you have an aftermarket GPU? If so, it could be that you need to reinstall the video drivers. If your MB has a built in VGA spot, try removing the after market GPU and see if it will boot up. If it does, then run the DDU utility to make sure that no residual files were left behind in the reset. I have seen some brands that the factory reset gives you the option to save your data, and that can leave behind something that could cause an issue. Then reinstall your driver completely.

All this is contingent on it being a desktop and you having built in graphics to use temporarily.

What error does the blue screen list?

It sounds like the operating system hasn't completed its opening actions properly.

Which version of Windows are you running? Any earlier version than Windows 8 will allow you to tap the Function 8 key as you power up and select Safe Mode with Networking from the list of options. That cuts the system down to minimum actions and makes iit easier to find what is causing this.

Solution