I have this problem with my asus laptop. It doesn't turn on. If i hold the power button for 30 seconds, the power light goes on, but my laptop doensn't start. Also, as soon as i release the power button, the power light goes off again. I am incapable of removing the battery Please help.
Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- If your laptop has a built in battery, for troubleshooting purposes I would suggest checking video guides from YT on how to open your laptop because you can't really tell what is wrong with your laptop unless you all the possible troubleshooting steps. But if the laptop is still under the factory warranty, do contact ASUS for a repair.
- Start by doing a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.
- If this will not work, do test the AC adapter if it's working properly. Remove the battery and power the laptop with just the AC adapter connected and see if it will boot up or not. do also try a different AC adapter that has the same voltage and see if it will work or not.
- Proceed with reseating the RAM's if trying a different AC adapter will not work, remove them all for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure everything is seated properly.
- If it will still not work, connect an external monitor and see if you'll get any display from it. If there's a display on the external monitor that could mean that the problem is the built in display.
- But if there's still no display on the external monitor that means the problem lies in the motherboard.