My asus laptop won't power up after shutting down due to low battery

Jun 20, 2018
My asus laptop with a non removable battery told me the battery is critically low before going off. I am charging it and the charge light is glowing orange but the laptop won't power up. I have tried pressing and holding the power button for thirty seconds, causing the power light to blink just once but that's it. What could be the problem?

It has only charged for like thirty minutes though, should I allow it more time?

First I would give it more time. Also you can try the following.

NOTE: Yes, I know some batteries are not so easy to get to, on some devices. However, it should be removable/replaceable. Unless it is under warranty, then you should contact the manufacturer first.

Try the following and see if it will turn on...

1. Unplug your charger cord.
2. Remove the battery.
3. Press and hold the "Power" button for 30 seconds.
4. Now plug back in the power/charger cord.
5. Now put the battery back in.

If this doesn't help, then test the power cord to see if it is good. Either try your cord in another device, or try another devices cord in your laptop. You may also want to try charging it when the device is off, rather than on. If it works then, the cord is probably the issue.

Should that not be the problem, then check the battery to see if it needs replacing.

First I would give it more time. Also you can try the following.

NOTE: Yes, I know some batteries are not so easy to get to, on some devices. However, it should be removable/replaceable. Unless it is under warranty, then you should contact the manufacturer first.

Try the following and see if it will turn on...

1. Unplug your charger cord.
2. Remove the battery.
3. Press and hold the "Power" button for 30 seconds.
4. Now plug back in the power/charger cord.
5. Now put the battery back in.

If this doesn't help, then test the power cord to see if it is good. Either try your cord in another device, or try another devices cord in your laptop. You may also want to try charging it when the device is off, rather than on. If it works then, the cord is probably the issue.

Should that not be the problem, then check the battery to see if it needs replacing.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Laptop Tech Support 5
B Laptop Tech Support 0
tronichub Laptop Tech Support 1
aecanive Laptop Tech Support 0
Conquest90 Laptop Tech Support 2
J Laptop Tech Support 5
C Laptop Tech Support 5
M Laptop Tech Support 3
dipudangol Laptop Tech Support 8
P Laptop Tech Support 3
E Laptop Tech Support 2