Solved! My Asus Laptop's Keyboard is typing random things after each letter I type

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNevergiveup23

Estimable
Jul 8, 2015
My asus laptop keyboard types numbers and does weird stuff when I type certain letters for example when I type "R" it puts 54r and when I type "I" it refreshes the page and when I use backspace it puts a "]". This started today and I've been trying to fix it and I can't.

Solution
turn off your laptop remove battery and ac adapter and ram hold down power button for 30 sec and then plug them all in and turn on your laptop

MrNevergiveup23

Estimable
Jul 8, 2015

That looks like something that will reset my computer and its been a while since I made this and some keys are starting to work again.

hwee hwee

Estimable
Dec 15, 2015
hi! a few months ago, my mom also had the same problem. she actually sent it for repair and it worked. then it went back to the same. she was angry that she couldnt use her laptop, so she left it alone for couple of months and it got back to normal.

hwee hwee

Estimable
Dec 15, 2015

hi! a few months ago, my mom also had the same problem. she actually sent it for repair and it worked. then it went back to the same. she was angry that she couldnt use her laptop, so she left it alone for couple of months and it got back to normal.

yimmi

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2011
if some buttons work and other do "weird" things just do the tricky unplug the battery remove the ac adapter and hold down the power button for 30 seconds it is usually caused from static,cause at 99% the laptop keyboard either works or not at all,so if some buttons work the solution I say solves the issue

Ultroman

Estimable
Feb 9, 2015

The proposed procedure does NOT reset your computer!

The procedure described is known as a "hard reset". If you think of electrical charge in your laptop as stress (not your battery, but the left-over electrical charges in the cords and metal and such inside your computer), this procedure relieves the stress of your computer, removing a lot of weird behavior, such as keyboard keys or lights going crazy; it can have an effect on anything connected to the computer, including peripherals plugged into the USB ports!

You should do this little procedure once in a while, since the less "stress" the internals of your computer are under, the longer it will last.

Status
Not open for further replies.