my atenna is not pulling in nbc - 11 miles away all of a sudden. It pulls in everything else and it just started doing this.

Feb 24, 2018
my atenna is not pulling in nbc - 11 miles away all of a sudden. It pulls in everything else and it just started doing this. What can I do? No olympics.. :(

Solution

Welcome to Tom's!
Since ALL the other channels work, it is not your antenna. Either that particular station is "off the air" and not broadcasting(unlikely), or your TV is not tuning it in correctly. Have you tried re-scanning for channels? (under setup on your TV's menu)

clarkjd

Distinguished

Welcome to Tom's!
Since ALL the other channels work, it is not your antenna. Either that particular station is "off the air" and not broadcasting(unlikely), or your TV is not tuning it in correctly. Have you tried re-scanning for channels? (under setup on your TV's menu)

Solution
Feb 24, 2018
Thanks for replying. Yes, I did that already a few times. I'm sure glad to know though it's not my atenna. I just bought it a week ago and it's been working great on all channels including NBC until tonite.

IInuyasha74

Honorable
Do you know if there is anything else broadcasting out of that station? If there is and you get that other channel fine, then yea it's probably something to do with the tuner in your TV. In which case, you might try using an old VCR or a similar device if you have one, as it will have its own tuner.

If there isn't anything else coming from that station, then there might be something creating interference or blocking the signal between you and the tower. In which case, you might try re positioning your antenna, but there may not be much you can do.

Feb 24, 2018
I have a similar problem, but it is a range of channels that stopped working, including CBS. All of a sudden I lost half of my channels. I'm fairly remote (45 miles N of Albany NY). I only get 7 channels, and now 4 of them don't work. 13-1, 2, and 3 work fine but 45-1 through 4 all quit at the same time, including CW and CBS. Any ideas?

Feb 24, 2018

Thanks, but I am pretty good with tech stuff. I scanned, rescanned, even did the double scan technique and still only get the 3 channels. Everything in the 45-x range just went out. Still haven't figured it out yet.