Acer timeline X with

Intel Core I3 next gen processor
2 Gb DDR3
15.6 HD LCD
500 GB Hard disk
DIV Writer
8 hrs battery
Machine : 64bit

everything is okay. but it runs tooo slow even after just formating. I am a multimedia professional so for this i use moslty Adobe's CS5. All the products run too slow. am i fucked with this machines or any problem. thee are always around 120 processes in system but when verified with Acer guys they said its official Acer apps and should run. what do i do? any comments from u guys out there?

Solution
depend what come with your system, you could have one 2Gb ram stick installed and a spare slot. You can either go with putting a 4Gb ram stick in the spare slot to get 6Gb or simply replace what you got with 2 sticks of 4Gb to get 8Gb total. Make sure you get laptop version of DDR3 ram. desktop version are not compatible.

all web browser, chrome, firefox, ie, are all memory hog, especially when you have multiple web pages open.

zhihao50

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011
Only 2Gb of RAM. Do you know how much of it do you use normally? Check in task manager.
I could see a problem with 2gb of ram. IT would lag a lot when you do memory intensive activity and there are not enough spare space.

I really don't get why the system builders sell 64bit machine with 2Gb ram. The point of 64bit operating system is to take advantage of 4gb+ ram, performance is worse when it comes to less then 4gb ram.

core i3 is only a duo core,

PS: 120 processes in system is normal. you can trim it down a bit by disabling system you don't need and turn program what is running in the background off.

kreativmaestro

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2011
wht u suggest, should i upgade to 16 gb ram? r there xrtra slots or will hv to replace it

zhihao50

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011
check how much you use in task manager first before upgrading,

there should be slot to plug in dd3 laptop memory card.

4Gb-8Gb is recommanded and again depend on your memory usage.

shening

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2008
In laptops there are only 2 slots, so you will have to replace it. You could buy 2x 4Gb sticks and get 8 Gigs. For 16 you need 8 Gb sticks which are insanely expensive

kreativmaestro

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2011
physical memory is 91% and cpu jst 16%.

kreativmaestro

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2011
k.i will try. but confuse with the slots. would i have to put old in spare or another 8 gb wialong with older ones.

how mch does that cost any idea?

kreativmaestro

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2011
and also there is on every importanrt thing. when i see ram usage in processes i see Chrome alone is sucking more than 1 GB of my RAm. what d *** with CHrome?

zhihao50

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011
depend what come with your system, you could have one 2Gb ram stick installed and a spare slot. You can either go with putting a 4Gb ram stick in the spare slot to get 6Gb or simply replace what you got with 2 sticks of 4Gb to get 8Gb total. Make sure you get laptop version of DDR3 ram. desktop version are not compatible.

all web browser, chrome, firefox, ie, are all memory hog, especially when you have multiple web pages open.

Solution
For optimal RAM performance you need matched paired RAM modules for the RAM to operate in dual channel mode, otherwise it will simply operate in single channel mode.

"Matched Pairs" simply means both modules (or sticks of RAM) must be of the same capacity and timings. That basically means 2 x 1GB of RAM, 2 x 2GB of RAM, 2 x 4GB of RAM. Mixing RAM capacities like a 2GB stick and 4GB stick for a total of 6GB will result in single channel operation.

The Core i3 CPU is considered "low end" since it does not have Turbo Boost tech that is found in the Core i5/i7 CPUs. Tubro Boost automatically overclocks the CPU up to specific speeds if there is a high demand on the CPU.

jackquesa

Honorable
Mar 31, 2012
kreativmaestro, outdated hardware is just part of the reasons to cause an Acer slow, the fact is you should do regular system maintenance job such as disk defragment, disk cleaning, remove programs in the control panel and remove any programs you no longer want, clean those unneeded files to free disk space etc. If you don't want to do these manually, let this Acer speed up program to help. All in all, take good care of your Acer and this will sure save you lots of troubles.