My brand new hp laptop is now black but I hear the fan still after unplugging my laptop from my tv (I was watching Netflix all

Charitie

Commendable
Feb 4, 2017
My laptop is brand new and should have no issues... assuming I may just need to reboot or reset some settings a certain way? Screen is black sooooo

__SID__

Commendable
Jun 1, 2016
Yeah try looking for the Projector/TV icon on your keyboard. Normally you have to hold down the 'Fn' Key hwilst pressing the Projector/TV icon button (normally located on the F1-F12 buttons at the top of your keyboard)

I had this issue with my laptop when I had it connected to a TV to watch movies, but once disconnected it didn't come back to the laptop screen until I pressed those buttons..

Well on some laptops there is a button on the keyboard for switching displays. I would check for that first.

Should it not work, or you not find it, then you should try turning off the laptop and then turn it back on. All the way off, and then back on.

__SID__

Commendable
Jun 1, 2016
Yeah try looking for the Projector/TV icon on your keyboard. Normally you have to hold down the 'Fn' Key hwilst pressing the Projector/TV icon button (normally located on the F1-F12 buttons at the top of your keyboard)

I had this issue with my laptop when I had it connected to a TV to watch movies, but once disconnected it didn't come back to the laptop screen until I pressed those buttons..

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
PsychoLand Laptop Tech Support 2
A Laptop Tech Support 1
F Laptop Tech Support 2
T Laptop Tech Support 4
F Laptop Tech Support 2
F Laptop Tech Support 1
V Laptop Tech Support 3
M Laptop Tech Support 1
H Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 10
M Laptop Tech Support 9