My brother has passed away and his computer is storing alot of his legal documen

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpierce

Honorable
May 15, 2012
my brother has passed away and his computer is storing alot of his legal documents but we cant locate his password. is this something that can be discovered

Solution
I very recently bypassed a windows password for a Co-worker who's daughter had drowned and they needed access, but I had personal knowledge of the man. I am sorry for your loss, but as others have said we can't provide direct assistance, it is a violation of the forum rules and we don't know you or your story.

A local computer professional should be able to help you provided you can prove you should have access to the info. they wont want to be responsible otherwise. the best proof will be a will/legal document/court order.

mesab66

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
As Gi said, tricky area, unfortunately, for many reasons. Someone might help you via a private pm, however, this isn't something encouraged in Tom's - or most other public forums.

unksol

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011
I very recently bypassed a windows password for a Co-worker who's daughter had drowned and they needed access, but I had personal knowledge of the man. I am sorry for your loss, but as others have said we can't provide direct assistance, it is a violation of the forum rules and we don't know you or your story.

A local computer professional should be able to help you provided you can prove you should have access to the info. they wont want to be responsible otherwise. the best proof will be a will/legal document/court order.

Solution
G

i am sorry for your loss. unfortunately circumventing password protection is against the T.O.S. here on THG.

i believe shadowzazam and unksol have "workable" suggestions that doesn't add too much to the burden of your loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.