My camera won't import

Status
Not open for further replies.

pckitty4427

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2011
Hi

I've tried importing pictures from my JVC camcorder using Windows explorer, but when I try and paste the videos, it just freezes.

I've also tried importing using Windows Live Photo Gallery, but it just stays at "Importing item 1 of 203".

Any ideas?

I'm running Windows 8 RP by the way.

Solution
It might indeed have something to with Windows 8. From my experience with an older JVC Everio the image files and video files are stored in different folders on the camera's hard drive. Because of the way video is encoded when recorded I had to use the JVC software or CyberLink Power Director (inexpensive software) to import the video. It would have to convert it to an "editable format". The file extension for the video files is .MOD. If you can copy the video files over you can try changing the file extension from .MOD to .MPG. If you can see the camera in Windows Explorer or whatever it is called in Windows 8 you should be able to copy the picture files over to your hard drive without having to use Windows Live Photo Gallery.

pckitty4427

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2011

I'm trying to import pictures and video.

The model number is GZ-MG530.

I've also tried using the software that it came with, but still no luck. It must be to do with Windows 8's drivers or something like that.

It might indeed have something to with Windows 8. From my experience with an older JVC Everio the image files and video files are stored in different folders on the camera's hard drive. Because of the way video is encoded when recorded I had to use the JVC software or CyberLink Power Director (inexpensive software) to import the video. It would have to convert it to an "editable format". The file extension for the video files is .MOD. If you can copy the video files over you can try changing the file extension from .MOD to .MPG. If you can see the camera in Windows Explorer or whatever it is called in Windows 8 you should be able to copy the picture files over to your hard drive without having to use Windows Live Photo Gallery.

Solution

pckitty4427

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2011

I've tried copying and pasting the files as well. Explorer just freezes.

pckitty4427

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2011

I've tried using PowerCinema NE and I've tried the steps in the manual. Still no luck. It works fine on my old PC running XP, so I guess we can just conclude that Windows 8 is the problem.

Anyway, I should be getting a new camera soon. The JVC one that I have is crap. Hopefully Windows 8 will like the new one. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.