Solved! My cat sat on my keyboard on my laptop and now the keyboard is locked up [SOLVED]

Jan 2, 2019
Keyboard locked out on laptop. External keyboard still does not respond. Mouse not affected. Friend tried turning it off to reboot it and now cant even log on

Solution
Thanks for taking the time to answer my question but I unplugged everything and while looking for how to remove the battery gave it time to do whatever it needed to do. I ended up plugging everything back in and rebooting it and the function key that was lit up was off (looked like it was for the speaker) and once I logged in, everything works fine just as before the problem started. Who would have thought that it would be so easy? Again, thank you for responding.
Jan 2, 2019
Thanks for taking the time to answer my question but I unplugged everything and while looking for how to remove the battery gave it time to do whatever it needed to do. I ended up plugging everything back in and rebooting it and the function key that was lit up was off (looked like it was for the speaker) and once I logged in, everything works fine just as before the problem started. Who would have thought that it would be so easy? Again, thank you for responding.

Solution