My computer folder opens on startup

DoctorDrew

Estimable
Mar 7, 2015
Hello I am having an issue I do not know why it happens but now When I turn on my laptop the my computer folder opens up and it's just annoying I can not find how to stop this please help.

thejackal85

Estimable
Jan 18, 2016
There has to be an entry in there or in the startup folder, there has to be. Something in relation to opening up Windows Explorer or launching an explorer window, something.

thejackal85

Estimable
Jan 18, 2016
Click the Start button and go to the "startup" folder, if you see the "my computer" icon in there, delete it. That will resolve your issue. If not, let me know!

DoctorDrew

Estimable
Mar 7, 2015

Is there a way I am not looking in the right place? starup task manager?

thejackal85

Estimable
Jan 18, 2016
It might be in task manager, it depends on how it was placed to start up. When you click Start, you don't see a folder there called "startup"? If not, if you have Windows 10, open task manager and see if an option for that was placed in there.

DoctorDrew

Estimable
Mar 7, 2015

I have Windows 10 and did not see anything in the task manager

thejackal85

Estimable
Jan 18, 2016
There has to be an entry in there or in the startup folder, there has to be. Something in relation to opening up Windows Explorer or launching an explorer window, something.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Laptop Tech Support 5
Exi Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 1
AmogusFan400 Laptop Tech Support 3
W Laptop Tech Support 4
luloona Laptop Tech Support 1
I Laptop Tech Support 2
JonasDL Laptop Tech Support 1
charizardt Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 1
Jake275 Laptop Tech Support 2