My computer has stopped running as fast...

Rookiv

Estimable
Apr 15, 2014
Hey guys,

First off, my girlfriend was looking for movies online and she managed to click on websites which obviously had viruses on, because I found a trojan a day later on my computer via AVG. I removed it, but my computer seems to have slowed down considerably even after this.

I could play League of Legends at ultra, max fps (60) no problem with no drop. Now it rarely plays that, sometimes even going as low as 15fps.

Is there any reason for this? Could I have another virus? I would really love some guidance.

Thankyou very much, and I will add more if needed.

UPDATE: Nothing has worked yet. I've tried the Malware and deleted 6 threats it found, but not much has changed. I've scanned many times. I think a window reinstall may be in order:/

Kinda sucks!

avarice

Distinguished
May 10, 2006
Based on what you have said - it looks like you are in a fine position to leverage additional favors from your girlfriend. Lucky guy.

I would guess there is some other bit infecting and affecting your machine.

Try booting in safe Mode - and running AVG.

6R1M01R3

Estimable
May 25, 2014
Some viruses/malware/etc, manage to corrupt system files that make the system slower. Depending on how much of a bother it is for you, I'd recommend a clean reinstall of the OS after you run enough scans.

Rookiv

Estimable
Apr 15, 2014
Hey guys, i'm getting a new motherboard since the one I have atm is extremely faulty and i'm getting a clean reinstall of Windows. Thanks for your help guys, it's really helped!

Willie0

Estimable
Apr 15, 2015
You could deep scan your device to be sure on what virus is it and what is affected on your computer. You could use vpn to be safe next time your girlfriend clicks anything on the web.