My computer's battery event

adr123

Commendable
Apr 28, 2016
My laptop was charging and my name was called (In class) I tripped on the charging cord and my computer unplugged and fell off. The battery fell of but for some weird reason it was still working, mouse could move, I could switch tabs, normal. It wasn't charging and the battery had fallen off. I'm bewildered by this and can't stop thinking of it. Does anybody know what happened, why my computer didn't shut down.

Solution
The HP Pavillion 13x2 is a detachable that has dual batteries, if you remove the screen from the base, it still has a battery. If you remove the base and power cord, it still runs.

adr123

Commendable
Apr 28, 2016

It is a HP pavilion laptop, 8 gb of ram, almost 1 TB of memory. It has a CD thing to read CD's. The batter is under the screen, I can take it off and put it back on. When it fell, the battery fell of the computer, and the charging cable disconnected from the computer.

Mark RM

Estimable
Jul 16, 2014
The HP Pavillion 13x2 is a detachable that has dual batteries, if you remove the screen from the base, it still has a battery. If you remove the base and power cord, it still runs.

Solution