my dell lap top has blinking light in front - red and white in color. Do you know what is causing this?

Elly223

Commendable
Jun 10, 2016
Hello,

My Dell lap top has a blinking light on front of it, alternating between red and white. WHat should I do? I did get an error message this morning that the battery was very low (my electrical cable was not plugged in securely). It seemed to be charging properly when I left the house, but it was still blinknig

Hi,

Blinking light on your laptop can be related to a HDD activity, charging light, power and Wifi. Please do try these basic troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to do a hard reboot, remove the battery off the laptop then unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.
- Next to try is to uninstall/reinstall the battery driver as well from Device Manager.
- If it will still have the blinking light but the laptop does work normally and charges normally that means it's just the HDD light indicator.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Y Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 0
Mahdi87 Laptop Tech Support 1
iAdarsh Laptop Tech Support 13
E Laptop Tech Support 2
B Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 4
J Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 1