My Headsets mic will not work on my pc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PcWreker12

Commendable
Oct 1, 2016
I am currently using the headsets sennheiser 4.40 BT. When i use them with my mac air, the mic works perfectly and i can talk with my friends on discord and skype with no problems whatsoever. But when i plug my headset into my PC, i can never get the mic to pick up anything :/ My motherboard is the H61M-e, and i do currently use an adapter that allows a combined jack to split into two.
A funny thing that i have observed is when i use a pair of samsung earplugs and connect them to the adapter, the mic works perfectly. Please help me out here, ive spent so much time trying to figure this out, but for some reason i just cant :/

So to recap :

Headphones : sennheiser 4.40 BT
Motherboard : H61M-e
Extra info : Samsung earplugs work when i use the adapter, but headset wont.

Solution
Just had the same problem with the HD 4.5 BTNC
And just found a solution that might help.

What happened was that Windows recognized the device as de Headphone AND a Headset, but only "connected" with the Headphone.

So I went to Control Panel > Hardware and Audio > Audio > Manage Audio Devices

It shows a list of the audio devices you have.

Mine had HD 4.5 BTNC Headset (Hands-Free) and HD 4.5 BTNC HeadPhone
The last one was the device connected.

So I RIGHT CLICK the HEADPHONE option and choose DISCONNECT

Then, I went to the HEADSET OPTION, RIGHT CLICK and choose CONNECT.

Both options (Headphone and HeadSet) appeared in green and worked.

Hope that helps, even after being a long time.

Regards

Lucas Oliva

PcWreker12

Commendable
Oct 1, 2016

yep, tried all that, still doesnt work :/ ive messed with the settings already, and none of them work either

Mar 24, 2018
Hi,

Did you find any solution for this? I also have the 4.40 BT's and have the same problem as you.
The headphones and mic work perfectly when plugged into my phone, but the mic does not work on pc.
The mic does work when connected through bluetooth on the pc.

PcWreker12

Commendable
Oct 1, 2016

Well, sadly no :( Still no idea whats up with them, even though they work perfectly with my Mac aswell. Guess there just must be an issue with the OS then? Honestly no idea. However, how do you connect your headphones through bluetooth? I am not the best with computers, and I dont really know what determines whether a PC has bluetooth or not.
But yeah...no solution yet, and if you could, tell me about bluetooth :)

Mar 24, 2018

To find out whether your pc has bluetooth:
Search for device manager (next to windows button). If you cannot find it press windowskey + R, fill in devmgmt.msc, and press enter.
You can see all the different devices your pc has. If you see a bluetooth in the list your device has bluetooth.
To turn on bluetooth you can go to either the action center (notifications, at far right of the menu bar) and click on the bluetooth logo or find it through search or go to settings > devices > bluetooth.

If you don't have bluetooth you can get it by buying a bluetooth dongle.

Oct 1, 2018
Just had the same problem with the HD 4.5 BTNC
And just found a solution that might help.

What happened was that Windows recognized the device as de Headphone AND a Headset, but only "connected" with the Headphone.

So I went to Control Panel > Hardware and Audio > Audio > Manage Audio Devices

It shows a list of the audio devices you have.

Mine had HD 4.5 BTNC Headset (Hands-Free) and HD 4.5 BTNC HeadPhone
The last one was the device connected.

So I RIGHT CLICK the HEADPHONE option and choose DISCONNECT

Then, I went to the HEADSET OPTION, RIGHT CLICK and choose CONNECT.

Both options (Headphone and HeadSet) appeared in green and worked.

Hope that helps, even after being a long time.

Regards

Lucas Oliva

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.