My home cinema unit runs off a scart lead but my sky q box runs off hdmi can i not get a 2 way hdmi splitter so one hdmi lead

Oct 15, 2018
I have a sky q box which is hdmi but my home cinema unit runs off a scart lead if i was to buy a 2 way hdmi splitter and run one of the hdmi into my tv for a picture and run the other hdmi lead into a hdmi to scart converter then use the scart lead for my sound via the home cinema unit will that work?

Solution
Can you connect the HTS to the TV to get audio to it? That will get sound from all the sources connected to the TV rather than just the Sky Q box.
Assuming the HTS also has a standard aux analog audio input (or you get an adapter) then it would be better and simpler to use an optical to analog converter to get audio from the box to the HTS.
Can you connect the HTS to the TV to get audio to it? That will get sound from all the sources connected to the TV rather than just the Sky Q box.
Assuming the HTS also has a standard aux analog audio input (or you get an adapter) then it would be better and simpler to use an optical to analog converter to get audio from the box to the HTS.

Solution