Solved! My Hp not installing office 2016 and my windows defender not able to be turned off.

Dec 5, 2018
Good day, I'm using Hp amd quadcore, I have been trying to install office 2016 but it's not working. It tells me "operation did not complete successfully because the file contains a virus or potentially unwanted software."

I tried to turn off windows defender and I discovered there is no option for that. It seems I can't even do anythg aside update and scan on the windows defender. Please what do i do?

Solution

The only way I know to turn off Windows Defender in Windows 10 is to install a third party antivirus/malware program like Norton, McAfee, AVAST, AVG, Bitdefender, etc.

However, you should NOT have to turn off Windows Defender to install MS Office 2016. As another person stated, why would you shoot the messenger when the file...

Mustangace

Commendable
Nov 5, 2016

The only way I know to turn off Windows Defender in Windows 10 is to install a third party antivirus/malware program like Norton, McAfee, AVAST, AVG, Bitdefender, etc.

However, you should NOT have to turn off Windows Defender to install MS Office 2016. As another person stated, why would you shoot the messenger when the file might be corrupted or worst yet have a virus?

Finally, I would do a Google search to try to find out why MS Office 2016 will not install. I'm sure there are many reasons other than your antivirus/malware software.

Solution
Dec 5, 2018

Thanks alot. Im waiting.

Buy Office 16 from Microsoft and get the download from there and you won't have any need to turn off any security programme because the download wll be a clean one.

Buy it anywhere else and chances are, it will come with add-ons that will alert any decent security utility.

I doubt you'll get your money back from where you bought the version that failed.. It's a harsh lesson to learn but most folks have done it at least once.