My Hyperx cloud alpha mic wont work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 13, 2018
So, I'm in a pickle, and when i plug in the mic included with the headset, it never works. It's seated right, everything else is seated right, mic is NOT muted, and i plugged in to my headphone jack on my computer and it transmitted audio, and im confused. can someone give me a possible reasoning for this and some advice? Thanks.

Jul 31, 2018

Having the same problem. Seems like others are as well but nobody is helping.

Oct 25, 2018
Same problem.

PC - Realtek motherboard.

It's all plugged in correctly.

I can hear the mic if I go into windows microphone settings and check 'listen to this device' so I even know it works. But I can't use it in game, or with blizzard voice or with anything :-(

Nov 12, 2018

Hey mistyreptile, look closely at the picture posted by blockgameraran above :) The answer is: make sure your cable is fully inserted into the headset.

I just fixed exactly the same problem with my newly bought Cloud Alpha by plugging the cable all the way into the earcup.

Nov 22, 2018
Had a similar problem on Realtek audio, saw fixes for it and found that my mic wasn't plugged in properly. After pushing the mic all the way in it still didn't pick up any sound. but when I re-plugged the microphone jack the Realtek audio manager picked it up and it started to work. hope this helps.

Ima OpGamer

Commendable
Apr 29, 2016
You have to push the main cable that goes into the headset all the way in. I thought mine was all the way in because it was past the grey section but there's an extra click after that. Just make sure you hear the final click and don't be afraid to use a little force.

Status
Not open for further replies.