My Insignia 24 inch flat screen does not turn on with the remote or the button on the side. No lights are visible on the fron

jaycharles

Estimable
Jul 23, 2015
I cannot turn on my flat screen tv with the remote or the button on the side. Could the cause of this failure be a bad capacitor and can it be replaced easily?

Solution
Yes it may be bad caps, maybe the board needs to be replaced. If you have to pay someone to get the parts and fix it, for a 24" low end TV like that I would just replace the TV instead of fixing it. If you know how to solder on a new cap or can find a buy a board for your model cheap and replace it yourself, then it may be worth to try to repair, or at least would be fun to try it.
Yes it may be bad caps, maybe the board needs to be replaced. If you have to pay someone to get the parts and fix it, for a 24" low end TV like that I would just replace the TV instead of fixing it. If you know how to solder on a new cap or can find a buy a board for your model cheap and replace it yourself, then it may be worth to try to repair, or at least would be fun to try it.

Solution