My Instagram account got hacked and user changed email

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlustymen

Prominent
Feb 26, 2017
Hello, 2 days ago I got email from Instagram that someone changed my email to a new russian one. I haven’t noticed it because it came to spam. After tryig to login to my acc fb automatically created me a new one. Friends noticed my photos were on profile with new name and photo - my old acc. I tried to rever to old email but it says “no page found” etc.
I got that guys email and the stolen Instagram profile. Any idea how to get it back? I tried to contact Instagram but I can’t find any way.
Thank you

Solution
did you go thru their help?

https://help.instagram.com/

from page above

"What can I do if I've lost access to the email I signed up with?
If you lost access to the email address you used to sign up for Instagram, you can change the email address associated with your account.

If you've linked your account to Facebook, you can reset your password using Facebook. Once you log in, you can change the email address listed in your profile.

If you can't log into Instagram because you forgot your password and can't access the email address you used to sign up, please get in touch with your email service provider to get access to that email:"

tlustymen

Prominent
Feb 26, 2017

Well, I can't find any contact including a number to call, so I'm asking here if anyone has any suggestions/experiences.

Peter Martin

Estimable
Oct 9, 2014
did you go thru their help?

https://help.instagram.com/

from page above

"What can I do if I've lost access to the email I signed up with?
If you lost access to the email address you used to sign up for Instagram, you can change the email address associated with your account.

If you've linked your account to Facebook, you can reset your password using Facebook. Once you log in, you can change the email address listed in your profile.

If you can't log into Instagram because you forgot your password and can't access the email address you used to sign up, please get in touch with your email service provider to get access to that email:"

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.