Question My iphone x will start typing random letters when I hit any key on the keyboard.

Jun 24, 2019
It doesn't do it all the time, just periodically but when it does do it, it lasts for a while. Never got the phone wet, never had any other issues. It just started. Even when I hit the back button, it goes back one space and then types 3-5 more random letters or numbers. How can I fix it? It is soooo annoying and takes forever to get through even a 4 word text!

Jul 2, 2019
This happened to me too after I changed the screen since it was broken. But I'm assuming they just put the screen not exactly hot it supposed to be, because sometimes when I was pressing one letter the one next to it would appear and stuff like that.

Aug 6, 2019
This happens to me too! I haven’t found a way to fix it but I can keep you posted. I know it sounds minor, but it’s so annoying! I realized that the “hidden” words are from a previous text you typed followed by UTF-8. I’ve had to erase this almost every time I start typing otherwise it will show up as if I had searched those hidden terms too.

It doesn't do it all the time, just periodically but when it does do it, it lasts for a while. Never got the phone wet, never had any other issues. It just started. Even when I hit the back button, it goes back one space and then types 3-5 more random letters or numbers. How can I fix it? It is soooo annoying and takes forever to get through even a 4 word text!

Did you contact Apple support? An X model should be in warranty.

codyteddy

Prominent
Aug 12, 2018
This happened with my old iphone 6 plus. I think it's just bad software? It started being a little wonky just a few days after purchasing. if you are still under warranty I'd definitely take advantage of that.