My laptop built in keyboard for Toshiba sat types 6y when i press 6 4r when i press 4 and (space) 0 when i hit spacebar

Jul 26, 2018
Im having an issue with the built in keyboard on my laptop. All the other keys work fine but i am forced to use wireless mouse and board which isnt ideal for traveling. Ive uninstalled the keyboard, updated drivers, tried the FN F9, not a Num lock issue and found a video for a different model to change registry settings due to a faulty update. Im having a hell of a time finding answers

Did you try uninstalling the drivers, restarting the laptop (without reinstalling them first) and then letting the computer reinstall them when it restarts? If not I would try this.

Should that not help, then the only thing I can think of is you will need to replace the keyboard. Especially since you already tried an external one and it works fine.

Jul 26, 2018

So when i uninstall the keyboard through device manager it requires a reboot. When i go back in to device manager it shows the keyboard is there and all the drivers are up to date. I update them and it says the same. This is more of a bothersome error than a necessary fix. I appreciate the reply. Ill probably end up digging around on some forums a bit deeper as when ive had issues similar in the past it tends to be all about finding the "right" fix

Aug 8, 2018
My Toshiba laptop is exhibiting exactly the same symptoms and I'm pretty sure it's not the keyboard, because I just replaced the keyboard and it didn't do any good. If you find an answer I'd sure like to know what it is.