Laptop closing programmes, keyboard stops working and programmes wont open again until I hit CTR ALT DELETE

May 3, 2018
So I am here as a last resort after scouring the internet for answers for months for my problems with my laptop. Hope this is the right place.

Since around December I have been having strange issues with my Lenovo laptop running windows 10. Basically the laptop runs find mostly but at random the programme i am using will close (sometimes all my programmes will close and the Windows shutdown prompt will appear asking if I want to shut down my computer) and when this happens my keyboard stops working and i cannot open programmes if i try it just opens the programme information.

If I hit CTRL ALT DELETE however my keyboard functions again and i can open programmes. I have tried using external keyboards and mice but when this happens they behave the same way that my built in trackpad and keyboard do.

Other than this my computer has no issues at all. I started having these issues after a update was installed on the 16th of December last year. I have done a fresh install of Windows (which did nothing because windows 10 forced the updates on me again) i did system restores which failed once and the second time did nothing to improve the issue. I have tried troubleshooting everything I could from bad drivers to updating my BIOS but nothing has worked.

I am hoping someone here can help me out or at least have an idea what the problem is. Thank you.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
laptops 12308 Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 1
RayAnimus Laptop Tech Support 12
a12d Laptop Tech Support 5
Nobody321 Laptop Tech Support 11
K Laptop Tech Support 1
G Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 4
T Laptop Tech Support 5
G Laptop Tech Support 1