Question My laptop can only boot from the original harddisk, and cannot boot from other bootable device

Sep 25, 2019
Hello, i have a problem with my laptop. I just bought a ssd and already have windows 10 installed. But when i replace my old hdd with my ssd it can't boot. So i try another method, i try to reinstall windows in my old hdd using bootable flashdrive but i can't boot from flashdrive either. But my old harddisk with my old windows 10 still can boot into windows.

And one more thing, if i try booting from another harddisk or ssd i get an error "pxe e61 media test failure check cable". I try booting with another working hdd and it still get that message. The only way i can boot to windows normally is by using my old hdd that plugged jn since i buy the laptop.

Please help :(

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
V Laptop Tech Support 6
S Laptop Tech Support 1
L Laptop Tech Support 2
R Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 4
K Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 2
E Laptop Tech Support 1
newbie12 Laptop Tech Support 8
dhanush_c Laptop Tech Support 2
F Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 2
L Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 0
D Laptop Tech Support 5
M Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 3
Similar threads
The Tech guy installed a unlicensed version of Windows on my original Windows 10 home laptop but the problem was with the hard
my lenovo laptop's hardisk was failed and i replaced it with new piece. previously i had original OS. so my question is how ca
good morning, I have a Sony vaio laptop and its went blue screen. I notice that Since the time the original screen broke and c
hai i had buy a new laptop it contains windows 10 how to I backup my original Windows os
My Asus laptop was set back to original settings and now keyboard wont work. It is also a touchscreen so that keyboard does wo
laptop origin pc
my dell vostro laptop is blinking orange and steady white light inspite of my original charger which i have been charging for
How to restore my laptop's performance to its original state? Factory reset did not speed things up.
How do I restore Toshiba M200 laptop to original settings?
want to reset my laptop and get my original os back
How do I restore my Windows 8 laptop to original factory settings when I can't open the settings or apps?
BSOD on Asus F3Q laptop, error code is 0x7b (not 0x7c as was in the original thread title)
Remove Original windows 8 on HP laptop
im trying to reinstall windows xp on my acer aspire one laptop, I do not have the original start up disk. im trying to us star
I'm trying to get Windows 7 on my Toshiba laptop it had originally Windows 8
I swapped out a failing HD from my Gateway laptop and tried to reinstall the OS ( Vista 64 bit) with the original recovery dis
Create original screensavers for your laptop
Samsung original software for laptops?
How do i restore my laptops original programs
How to boot old laptop without original boot disck

ASK THE COMMUNITY