Solved! My laptop doesn't detect an external microphone

Loulou21

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2010
Hello, I have a Sony Vaio VGN-SR 490 DEB laptop.
When I connect an external microphone, it is not detected. In the sound manager-->Recording , it says "No audio devices are detected."
Can anyone help me, please?!?! =]

P.S. At first I thought the problem is with my microphone, but it's not. Because I checked it with another computer and it worked. By the way, I had used a microphone with my laptop about a month after I bought it, and it worked with no problems.

I appreciate your help in advance. =)

jivdis1x

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2006
microphone is not usb. There is nothing to detect. there's no driver to install.
The port on the other hand is a hardware in the pc. If it doesn't work, go to the source and verify. Device Manager under sound-make sure is some sort sound device. Update the driver for your laptop-there may be a update to fix it. If the laptop wasn't subjected to physical damage then go back to manufacture for an update.

jivdis1x

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2006
microphone is not usb. There is nothing to detect. there's no driver to install.
The port on the other hand is a hardware in the pc. If it doesn't work, go to the source and verify. Device Manager under sound-make sure is some sort sound device. Update the driver for your laptop-there may be a update to fix it. If the laptop wasn't subjected to physical damage then go back to manufacture for an update.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Laptop Tech Support 0
M Laptop Tech Support 0
K Laptop Tech Support 1
Ominous Potato Laptop Tech Support 0
C Laptop Tech Support 6
R Laptop Tech Support 0
Kukomitzu Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 0
R Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 1
E Laptop Tech Support 2